Real estate investment is one of the hottest ways to turn your cash into profit. It’s the opportunity for great returns that is drawing so many into the playing field both on the private investor and realtor side, and we want to share some tips for tapping into the potential profit-making deals that are in your area.
However, what you are looking for is not just any real estate investment, but real estate investment that can give you good returns. By real estate investment we mean investing money into property i.e. buying property at a low price and selling it at a higher price so as to make a profit out of it. So the most important part of good real estate investment is to get hold of such properties which can give you good returns.
Now, how can you get these potential profit-making deals?
- Check your Local Newspaper: Your first avenue for finding good deals is the local newspaper (the property newspaper). Just search for properties that are listed directly by the owners who want to avoid paying commission to the real estate brokers. Since the owner is saving on the commission that they would otherwise have to pay to the broker, they would probably be able to offer a lower price to you and be more open to negotiations.
- Use the Newspaper: You could also place your own ‘wanted’ ad in the local newspapers. On the same lines, you could use internet to search for the real estate investment avenues. In fact, you would be surprised by the number of real estate investment opportunities you are able to locate on the internet. Not only that, searching for real estate investment opportunities (i.e. property for sale) is much easier on internet than anywhere else. Just keep in mind that doing this sort of research takes a significant amount of time and you may not be able to realize profits as quickly as you could with an experienced turnkey property company at your side.
- Use a Real Estate Broker: Another good way to hunt for real estate investment opportunities is by using the services of real estate brokers. Some people use real estate agents as their first (and maybe the only) touch point for getting real estate investment opportunities. The real estate agents act as information hub for people looking to buy property. In fact, a lot of sellers find it much more convenient to sell their properties by listing it with real estate agents.
- Go to the MLS: Multiple listings service is another good way to find real estate investment opportunities. Since the multiple listing book is provided only to the real estate agents and not to the general public (unless you are very lucky), all the cream (good real estate investment opportunities) would have already been taken before you get to see the book. The key here is to look for expired listings that didn’t get converted to a deal.
- Look at Foreclosures: Another good way to get a property, that is a good real estate investment, is to look for foreclosures by banks/ VA/ FHA or to visit public auctions. You can generally get a good deal here. Divorce settlements are another good real estate investment opportunity.
- Consult a Turnkey Property Company: When you partner with a turnkey property company, you get the best of all deals. You get the expert level knowledge from professionals with experience in investment banking. You get access to all properties that top real estate agents would get access to. What’s more, you don’t have to spend time sifting through properties which don’t fit your parameters or interest. Your turnkey property company will customize the search for your needs so that you realize passive cash flow within weeks if not days of your closed deal.
Learn more about the reason that turnkey investment is so hot in Indianapolis right now. Contact us and let us know where your goals are. We can get you there.